Mock Apple Crisp
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe is so full of wonderful memories! You can really fool your friends with this one - they won't believe that they're eating green tomatoes and not apples! The Test Kitchen
3 cgreen tomatoes chopped and drained, reserve 1/4 cup juice
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 Tbspbutter or margerine
1/4 cjuice from tomatoes
1/4 tspbaking soda
2/3 coatmeal, uncooked
1/4 cmelted butter or margerine
How to Make Mock Apple Crisp
- Spread tomatoes on a greased baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar & cinnamon, sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Dot with 1 tbs butter.
- Pour juice over top.
- In a bowl combine flour, oats , salt,baking soda and sugar.
- Stir in melted butter to make a crumbly mixture.
- Spread evenly over tomatoes.
- Bake in a 350* oven until lightly browned.