Lovely Lemon Bars
I adapted this from the cherry crumbs bars I posted earlier.
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspbaking soda
3 call purpose flour
1 cbutter flavored crisco
1 largelemon zest, grated
2 lblemon pie filling
How to Make Lovely Lemon Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan
- In medium bowl, stir 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour,and baking powder. Mix in salt and 1/2 the lemon zest
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat 1/2 of the dough into prepared pan.
- Spread lemon filling evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the lemon layer. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest.
- Bake in preheated over 50 -55 minutes, or until top is slightly brown, Cool completely before cutting into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving if desired.