Lobster Tail Pastry Sfogliatella
2 call-purpose flour
1 csemolina flour
1 cskim milk
1/4 csemolina flour
1 cricotta cheese
1 largeegg, beaten
1 Tbsplemon zest
How to Make Lobster Tail Pastry Sfogliatella
- Large mixing bowl ~ combine both flours, sugar & salt. Mix well, then cut in butter until dough is well blended. Slowly add the water.
- Knead until dough is firm.
Form into a ball, cover with saran wrap and chill for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- In medium saucepan, add milk and bring to boil. Slowly stir in the semolina. Whisk constantly until smooth. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl and cool.
- When mixture is cool, add ricotta (passed through a sieve), egg, sugar, lemon zest, and sugar. Beat well then set aside.
- Remove dough and divide into 2 equal parts. '
Place on pastry board (dusted) and roll into an 18 inch square.
Dough will be very thin, brush with butter.
- Roll like jelly roll and cut roll into 3-4 inch pieces.
Place on piece in hand, press thumb into middle of pastry and push it down to form a hole like a sugar cone shape. Fill center with filling. Fold the "cone" until the open edges touch. Gently press to seal.
Place dough down onto pastry board and gently pull out the sides of the front to form a shell. Brush the tops with beaten egg yolk. Repeat with other tails until filling is gone.
- Preheat oven to 425*.
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and place the shells on the parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
Let the pastry cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then place on rack.
Serve when cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.