- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- almonds or hazelnuts, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter
- 2 large
- eggs (whisked) separate
- 8 oz
- raspberry jam (seedless)
- 3 Tbsp
- raspberry brandy or cognac
- 2 tsp
- powdered sugar
How to Make Linzer Torte
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a Spring form pan
- 2Combine flour, sugar, ground nuts, butter, and 1 egg to form a dough. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Remove dough from refrigerator. Take 3/4 of the dough and roll it out on a floured surface. Transfer to the Spring form - make sure dough comes up about 1/2 inch up the side of the pan.
- 4Mix raspberry jam and Raspberry Brandy (or Cognac). Spread this mixture evenly into the cake bottom.
- 5Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips. Arrange strips into a criss-cross pattern on top of the cake. Break the remaining egg into a cup and whisk with a fork or whisk. Brush dough strips with egg wash.
- 6Bake cake for 40-45 minutes or until cake becomes a golden brown.
Allow cake to rest overnight before serving - this brings the flavor out more. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar.