Lemon Curd or Lemon Filling
My most often way to use lemon curd is a filling small pastry cups. (Lemon Tarts) )see recipe I posted for Pecan tarts for the pastry cup recipe)
Recently I used as a filling in my lemon cake (which I have posted), and it makes a very good cake, awesome!
Hope you enjoy...
- large eggs
- 1/2 c
- lemon juice
- **grated rind from 3 lemons**
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- melted butter (one stick) don't substitute margarine.
How to Make Lemon Curd or Lemon Filling
- 1Put eggs into a double boiler and beat well (about 1 min)
Add lemon juice, rind, sugar and melted butter.
- 2Cook, stirring over rapidly boiling water until thick...20 to 25 min.
Remove from heat... let cool.
Store in covered container in fridge, up to a week.
- 3This is great, because it can be made ahead, and have ready when you make the tart shells or cake.