THE "BROWNIE" BATER
3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsplemon zest
2 Tbsplemon juice
TART LEMON GLAZE
1 cpowdered sugar
4 Tbsplemon juice
8 tsplemon zest
How to Make Lemon Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease/Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with butter/cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 minutes or until it is just starting to turn golden around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before glazing.
Do not over-bake or the bars will be dry.
- When the brownies are cooled completely, make the glaze.
Sift the powdered sugar, add lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk together all three ingredients. Spread 1/2 the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula.
Let the glaze set.
Spread the remaining glaze over the bars and let it set.
- Cut into bars and serve.