☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 5 1/2 oz
- granulated sugar
- eggs, plus 2 egg yolks, extra large
- 1 can(s)
- 8.5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2/3 c
How to Make Leche Flan
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Place sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, swirling the pan, for 8 minutes or until a dark caramel colour. Immediately pour into a 1L lightly greased loaf pan. Set aside for 20 minutes to set.
- 2Whisk eggs and extra egg yolks in a bowl until combined. Whisk in remaining ingredients until combined. Strain through a fine sieve, then pour over caramel.
- 3Place in a deep roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up sides. Bake for 40 minutes or until just set with a gentle wobble in the centre. Stand in pan for 20 minutes, before turning out onto a serving dish to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.