6 Tbspunsalted butter,melted
1 pkg8 ounce cream cheese,softened
1 pkgcool whip/container,thawed and divided
2 pkgjello vanillaflavor instant pudding
2 1/2 ccold milk
1 1/2 cflaked coconut/toasted and divided
How to Make Layered Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars
- RESERVE 24 wafers.Crush remaining wafers
- Mix with butter.
- Press crushed wafers into bottom of 13 x9 inch pan;REFIGERATE while you prepare the filling.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended,whisk in 1 cup of the COOL WHIP.
- CAREFULLY spread over the crust
- Stand the reserved wafers around the edges.
- Beat the pudding mix and milk with a whisk in a medium bowl 2 minutes,stir in 1 cup of COOL WHIP and 3/4 cup of toasted coconut,spread over cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining COOL WHIP and coconut
- REFRIGERATE at least 5 hours.
- HOW TO TOAST COCONUT:
spread coconut evenly in a shallow pan.Bake at 350 degrees for only 7-10 minutes until light brown,stir frequently,or spread in a microwavable pie plate.microwave on high 3 minutes or until lightly browned,stirring every minute.WATCH CAREFULLY AS COCCNUT CAN BURN EASILY1
- You can use more COOL WHIP,even better!