Kourkoubínia (Little Phyllo Rolls)
- phyllo sheets
- corn oil or canola or sunflower oil for brushing the sheets
- little water for brushing the edges of sheets
- 2 cups
- corn oil or canola or sunflower oil for frying the kourkoubínia
- 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- lemon juice
- ½ tsp
- vanilla extract
FOR THE SYRUP
How to Make Kourkoubínia (Little Phyllo Rolls)
- 3Brush a strip of water at the very end of the short side of the phyllo that is further from you.
- 9In the end you will have 3 logs.
- 11Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 14Remove and drain from the excessive oil. Let them cool.
- 16Let it boil for 5 minutes and then turn off the fire.
- 17Pour the vanilla extract.
- 18Remove the cinnamon stick and start throwing the kourkoubínia in batches, letting them 1 minute per batch.
- 19Remove and let them cool for couple of minutes.
- 20You can eat them like this or sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon.