Kourkoubínia (Little Phyllo Rolls)
·corn oil or canola or sunflower oil for brushing the sheets
·little water for brushing the edges of sheets
2 cupscorn oil or canola or sunflower oil for frying the kourkoubínia
FOR THE SYRUP
1 ½ cupssugar
11 cinnamon stick
½ tspvanilla extract
How to Make Kourkoubínia (Little Phyllo Rolls)
- Brush a strip of water at the very end of the short side of the phyllo that is further from you.
- In the end you will have 3 logs.
- Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain from the excessive oil. Let them cool.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and then turn off the fire.
- Pour the vanilla extract.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and start throwing the kourkoubínia in batches, letting them 1 minute per batch.
- Remove and let them cool for couple of minutes.
- You can eat them like this or sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon.