Key Lime Cheesecake
You also can use bottled Key Lime Juice, but I promise you it just doesn't taste quite as good as the real deal!
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 6 slice keebler graham cracker crust
- 2-8oz pkg
- philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 c
- sugar (or 1/3 - 1/2 cup splenda)
- 3 Tbsp
- key lime juice
- 1 Tbsp
- grated key lime peel
- 1 can(s)
- redi-whip (if desired--but is recommended
How to Make Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1Soften cream cheese and eggs to room temperature.
(If you want to speed up softening process of cream cheese you can place packages in bowl in microwave and "nuke" for 10-15 seconds.)
- 2Beat softened cream cheese and sugar (or Splenda) with hand mixer till well blended; add vanilla, lime juice, grated lime peel and one egg, blending well; add last egg and blend well. Pour into prepared crust.
- 3Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 until top is medium golden brown - approximately 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack till cool enough to cover with plastic lid that comes with the pie shell and place in refrigerator till totally cooled (about 4 hours). Be sure to wait till cooled all the way. Spray top of slice with Redi-Whip, if desired, when ready to eat. ENJOY! (Store in refrigerator.)