Picture is from Kraft Foods.
- 1 1/3 c
- boiling water divided
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz) jello berry blue flavor gelatine
- 1 pkg
- (3oz) jello cherry flavor gelatne
- env. knox unflavored gelatine
- 1 c
- milk, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- maraschino cherries with stems, well drained, patted dry
How to Make Jell-O Firecrackers
- 1Add 2/3 cup boiling water to berry gelatin mix in a small bowl, stir 2 min. until completely dissolved.
Repeat with chery gelatin mix. Cool
- 2Meanwhile sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup milk in medium bowl, let stand 5 min.
Bring remaining milk to boil in saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in sugar and vanilla. Add to gelatin mixture, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Cool 10 min.
- 3Spoon berry gelatin into 20 (1 oz) plastic shot glasses sprayed lightly with cooking spray, adding about 2 tsp to each.
Refrigerate 15 min. or until set but not firm.
- 4Top with unflavored gelatin mixture, adding about 2 tsp. to each cup.
Refrigerate 10 min. Insert cherry, stem end up, into white gelatin layer in each cup.
Refrigerate 2 minutes .
- 5Cover with cherry gelatin, adding about 2tsp. to each cup.
Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Remove from cups before serving.
- 6ADULTS ONLY ALCOHOLIC VARIATION
Prepare as directed, reducing the boiling water to 1 cup and dissolving each of the berry and cherry gelatin mixes in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir 1/4 cup vodka into each flavor of gelatin, then continue as directed.