- 1 -15 oz can(s)
- solid pack pumpkin
- 1 -12 oz can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 pkg
- yellow cake mix (2 layer)
- 1 c
- butter (or margarine) (2 sticks)
- 1/2 c
- pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- whipped topping, thawed (optional)
How to Make Jan's Easy Pumpkin Crisp
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom & sides of 9x13 pan.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, & salt in large deep bowl. Mix with whisk until well blended. Pour into greased pan.
- 2Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. It will sink into the pumpkin mixture a little.
Top with pecans.
Melt butter & drizzle evenly over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden brown & set. Ovens will always vary.
- 3Cool, serve chilled, topped with whipped topping, if desired.
Note: Can be served slightly warm. Substitute walnuts for pecans, or no nuts at all. For a special treat, try it with vanilla ice cream instead of whipped topping.
This recipe has been posted in many forums. I've tweeked it a little, & added my name, so people would know this is the right recipe! Enjoy!