JAMIE'S BLACK FOREST TARTS
My dear friend Diane Smith(DEE) posted this past year a black forest preserves recipe which I made and it was so good I thought wow what a good treat I could make with her jam recipe, so here it is and I have to try to link that reicpe with this one.
2 pkg8 oz. cream cheese
4 cconfectioners' sugar
1 jar(s)1/2 pint of black forest preserves
4 csweet chocolate morsels, real milk chocolate
1 tspvanilla extract
SHORTBREAD TARTS, JOYS OF BAKING.COM OR PURCHASED TARTS
1 c1 stick of butter at room temp
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3 Tbspcornstarch or rice flour
How to Make JAMIE'S BLACK FOREST TARTS
- Place 2 packs of room temp cream cheese in a large mix bowl.
Add one stick of butter room temp
blend it well together
add the sugar and continue to blend till smooth
- Add in the vanilla and jam, mix well then add in the chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge to cool and become hard enough to use.
- Making the tarts or you can used purchased shortbread tarts
- Place in mixer one stick of butter room temp add the sugar and beat together till cream or smooth
- Beat in the vanilla and then add flour, salt, and cornstarch beat , if shortbread dough is too soft cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Spray a mini muffin pan well with bakers joy and roll dough into small balls place in the muffin tin a press the dough down and up the sides to form the shell and I pricked mine with a fork
- Bake in a preheat oven at 325 degrees on a center a center rack bake approximately 20 min.
- Allow the tarts to cool then add the filling as you desire
- Melt some milk chocolate chips or candy melt and drizzle over the tarts