Jam Pie Bars
2/3 cconfectioners' sugar
1 cbutter, softened
11/2 cseedless jam, used stonewall kitchen's sour cherry jam
1/4 ccold butter
1/2 cdark brown sugar
How to Make Jam Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Lightly spray the parchment with cooking spray.
- Prepare crust:
Combine flour, sugar and butter in mixer bowl. Beat on low until well combined.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan. Press evenly over the bottom of the pan to the edges.
- Place a sheet of parchment over the dough and line with pie weights(or popcorn kernels).
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove parchment paper and pie weights. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
Combine flour, sugar and butter. Using fingers to combine, mix together until it looks like a coarse meal.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Jam Layer:
Mix jam with spoon so it is not clumpy.
- Pour jam over baked crust. Spread evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle streusel over jam.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting.
- Slice into rectangles.