How To Make Homemade Vanilla
Check out these great websites:
- -jar/bottles of choice
- -vanilla beans in your favorite variety (rule of thumb is 5 beans per 1 cup of alcohol)
- -vodka, but you can also use bourbon, rum or brandy
How to Make How To Make Homemade Vanilla
- 1Use a knife to split the bean in half, leave about ½ inch at each end intact.
- 2Put your vanilla beans in your glass bottle or jar and cover with vodka.
- 3Close jar or bottle and store in a cool, dry place for at least 8 weeks. Give the bottle a shake every week or so. As you use the vanilla, simply add in more liquor to replace what you have used.