How to Make Hot Water Gingerbread
- 1Boil water, turn down low until ready to use.
- 2In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients together, except baking soda.
- 3Mix oil, brown sugar, molasses & eggs until well blended
- 4Gradually add dry ingredients, scraping sides of bowl enuring all is blended
- 5Carefully add baking soda to hot water (will foam up). Turn mixer down to lowest speed, slowly add hot water, a little at a time. Batter will be watery
- 6Bake in greased (Pam - Baking Spray) loaf pan @ 325 degrees for 45mins. (I use 3sml/2lrge laof pans)
- 7NOTE: Watch bakes fast