Honeycomb Pudding is a longstanding Callahan Clan tradition. This recipe originated in our family by my Grandmother (we're not sure where she came by it). For many this rich, dark, cake-like pudding is an acquired taste. However once you've tried it you'll soon agree that Honeycomb Pudding is habit forming.
How to Make Honeycomb Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together the molasses and sugar and set aside.
- 3In a 9"x14" baking dish add the melted butter and swirl to coat the sides.
- 4Add the milk and baking soda, then stir in the molasses mixture, and then incorporate in the eggs.
- 5Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the pudding is brown and almost completely set. Serve warm drizzled generously with whipping cream.