Homemade Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 corganic pumpkin puree
4 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tsppumpkin pie spices or 1/3 teaspoons each of nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon
1 can(s)low-fat evaporated milk
·canola oil for deep-frying
FOR MAPLE ICING
1 Tbspmaple syrup
1 to 1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbspalmond milk
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and butter.
- Add pumpkin puree, mix in well.
- For the dry ingredients, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice
- Begin to marry the pumpkin batter and alternate with the evaporated milk, folding in gently.
- Refrigerate the batter to firm for approx 1 hour before kneading.
- Turn onto a lightly floured work-surface and knead well. Roll to approximately ¾'' in thickness.
- Cut with a 2½'' doughnut cutter. (Alternatively, cut with the small rim of any glass jar or cup and use a small bottle to cut out the hole.)
- Fry doughnuts and doughnut holes, a few at a time, until golden (approximately 1-2 minutes on each side).
- Remove using a slotted spoon or a spider and allow the excess oil to drain on paper towels.
- For the icing, whisk together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Spread over cooled doughnuts with a teaspoon (place on a wire rack over a sheet tray, if desired).