Homemade Marshmallow Fluff/Creme
If you truly want to make something "from scratch", use this easy - great tasting substitution for store bought marshmallow fluff or creme. I think it is better than from the store.
- egg whites at room temperature
- 2 c
- corn syrup, light
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Homemade Marshmallow Fluff/Creme
- 1In a large bowl of an electric mixer, add egg whites, corn syrup, and salt.
- 2Using your electric mixer on high speed, mix for approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and volume has almost doubled.
- 3On low speed, add powdered sugar and mix until well blended. Add vanilla extract just until well blended.
- 4Your homemade marshmallow fluff/cream is now ready to use in your recipes. Use immediately, or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes a large quantity.