1 cscaled milk
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 clukewarm water
6 Tbspunsalted butter
1 1/2 Tbspcinnamon
4 ozcream cheese
4 Tbspunsalted butter
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Homemade Cinnamon Buns
- In a sauce pan, scald milk over med heat and then let cool to room temperature
- After milk has come to room temperature dissolve entire package of yeast and 1 Tbsp of Sugar in lukewarm water
- Then mix milk with 2 cups of flour and yeast mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover bowl with a dish towel. Let rise for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes, in a separate bowl cream eggs, 3Tbsp butter, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 C sugar
- Add 2 cups of flour and yeast dough and knead until smooth (about 2 to 5 minutes)
- Place dough in bowl, cover with dish towel and let rise for 45 minutes
- After dough has risen knead down for about 1 minute
- Roll dough out into a rectangle as best you can to about 1/2 inch thick
- Spread 3 Tbsp of butter on dough then sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top.
- Roll dough length wise starting at one end and ending at the other. The dough will look like a log
- Using string about 6 inches long you are going to cut the log into cinnamon buns. First cut about ½ inch off of each end and discard.
- Go along the log and cut the dough with the string by crisscrossing the ends and pulling. Each bun will be about an inch apart. **You should get 14 to 16 cinnamon buns from this recipe.**
- Put cinnamon buns face up in two greased 9” round baking pans. **Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Make Icing
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Ice buns while warm