Homemade Cannoli Shells
2 call purpose flour and more for working surface
½ tspground cinnamon
1 ½ Tbspcold unsalted butter, cut into dices
½ cdry white wine
·no stick cooking spray for molds
·oil for deep frying
How to Make Homemade Cannoli Shells
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add cold butter, break and pinch with your fingers, mix until the mixture look like sand. And then add egg yolk (keep white egg for sealing) and white wine. Knead the dough in the bowl until mix well (not too long to knead). Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Spray cannoli molds with no stick cooking spray, flour the working surface and rolling pin. Knead the dough for about 2-3 minutes until the dough is smooth and not sticky. Cut the dough into 2 parts. Roll the dough into 1/8-inch thick and use 4-inch cookie cutter to make circle shape. Repeat for second dough.
- Heat the oil to 350⁰F in a medium heavy pot.
I have 16 cannoli molds, this is what I did:
- work on first dough, roll and cut into 13-14 circles, wrap all circles around 13-14 cannoli molds and then deep fry 2 molds at a time.
- after finish deep frying, take the molds off and start with second part of the dough