Haupia Sweet coconut cream custard cubes
- 1 regular baking pan
- coconut milk, 2 16 oz cans
- 3 cups water
- 16 oz cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
1. Mix 2 cups water with cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Bring coconut milk, sugar and remaining water to a rolling boil on high heat.
3. Pour cornstarch mixture into boiling coconut milk and cook till mixture thickens, blending with a whip.
4. When mixture is smooth and thick pour into a clean baking tray.
5. Cool to room temperature, then chill until cold.
6. Cut into 1-inch squares.
7. Serve on ti leaf lined trays