Tina's Granny's Schaum Torte
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- egg whites, room temp
- 3 c
- white sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pinch
- 1 pinch
- cream of tartar
- 1 pt
- whipping cream whipped.or tub of whipped topping
- sauteed hickory nuts or walnuts or pecans
- maraschino cherry halves
How to Make Tina's Granny's Schaum Torte
- 1Beat whites and tartar until foamy, add sugar bit at a time until stiff and you can feel no sugar granules between your fingers. Beat in vinegar, vanilla and salt.
- 2Pour into ungreased spring form pan. Bake 2 hours at 250 degrees. Turn off oven and let sit undisturbed in the oven overnight.
- 3Run a thin knife around the interior of the spring form pan. Release and remove the ring. Place bottom disk on a cake plate.
Take off the top crust. Top the bottom part with whipped cream, sliced bananas, sautéed hickory nuts and maraschino cherry halves. Reassemble top and serve.