Grandma Lela's Cherry Jumble
- 2 1/2 c
- canned cherries ( not cherry pie filling. these need to be sour canned cherries in juice) drain and reserve 1/2 cup juice
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- butter-- make sure that 1tablespoon is well softened
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
How to Make Grandma Lela's Cherry Jumble
- 1Combine cherries, reserved juice, and 1/2 C. Sugar. Heat to boiling, add 1 T. Butter and remove from heat.
- 2Sift together: flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining sugar. Add water and softened butter. Combine well.
- 3Pour batter into well greased 9 inch square pan. Top with hot fruit mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.