Gingerbread apple bars W/ Rum :D
1 capplesauce( use either sweet or unsweetened)
1/3 cunsulfured light molasses
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspcinnamon( freshly grated is the bomb!)
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground cloves
How to Make Gingerbread apple bars W/ Rum :D
- Heat oven to 350°F.
Oil 8-inch square pan lightly.
- place raisins and cranberries in a sauce pan and pour in rum and bring to a boil and let simmer till rum is absorbed and set aside.
- Pour in applesauce into the raisin/cranberry pan.
Cook and stir on low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in molasses and baking soda.
- Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl.
Beat in 1/4 cup Crisco® Oil gradually
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl
- Add to egg mixture alternately with applesauce mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Spoon into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan on cooling rack.
Cut into bars