Blue Ribbon Recipe
The Kitchen Crew and I used peach filling for this recipe and the results couldn't have been any sweeter, creamier or more satisfying. A perfect brunch centerpiece! The Test Kitchen
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
2 can(s)refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz. size)
1 can(s)pie filling, any flavor
How to Make Giant Danish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll dough from 1 tube. Pat out, pressing perforations together until dough completely covers bottom of pan. Bake for 4 minutes.
- While dough is baking, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Remove dough from oven and cool slightly. Spread cheese mixture over dough to the edges. Scatter pie filling over cheese mixture. (Note* pie filling should not cover completely!)
- Unroll remaining dough from tube. Separate triangles and evenly arrange on pie filling. (Note* the triangles should not cover completely!)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top crust is golden and cheese mixture is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares. (**Dust with powdered sugar if desired.)