Blue Ribbon Recipe
The Kitchen Crew and I used peach filling for this recipe and the results couldn't have been any sweeter, creamier or more satisfying. A perfect brunch centerpiece! The Test Kitchen
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 large
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 can(s)
- refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz. size)
- 1 can(s)
- pie filling, any flavor
How to Make Giant Danish
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Unroll dough from 1 tube. Pat out, pressing perforations together until dough completely covers bottom of pan. Bake for 4 minutes.
- 3While dough is baking, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- 4Remove dough from oven and cool slightly. Spread cheese mixture over dough to the edges. Scatter pie filling over cheese mixture. (Note* pie filling should not cover completely!)
- 5Unroll remaining dough from tube. Separate triangles and evenly arrange on pie filling. (Note* the triangles should not cover completely!)
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until top crust is golden and cheese mixture is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares. (**Dust with powdered sugar if desired.)