German Tart Crust Recipe
I have mopdified it slightly and added a couple topping variations of my own. Also if you are in a hurry a nice thick canned pizza crust works well.,
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sugar or splenda
- cup soft butter
- packet vanilla sugar[see note]
- 1 1/3 c
- general purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- for the glaze
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 pkg
- sugar free jello
- 1`-2 box
- strawberries, fresh
How to Make German Tart Crust Recipe
- 1Break eggs in mixing bowl, beat well, add the sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt; and the soft butter. Con tinue mixing untiul mixture foamy.
- 2Add sifter flour and baking powder.
- 3Grease, or spray, your baking pan, sprinkle with bread crumbs, fill in teh dough and flatten.
- 4Bake in preheated oven, 350 degrees, 13-15 minutes, until golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- 5From here on there are variations.
For the vanilla sugar, mix vanilla, the real stuff, 1 tsp to 2 cups sugar and let dry completely. It will keep about about a year in a closed ocntainer,
- 6Wash/cap/hull strawsberries and arrange over cooled cake. See glazes below.
- 73 tbsp strawberry jam, heated, use a pastrry brush to spread over the berries.
Cook a firm vanilla pudding, spread it on the cake, then top with the berries.
MY ADDITIONs: 1 cup water, 1 package sugar free strawbrerry jello, 2 tbsp cornstarch. cook until it thickens. Let cool to finger touch then spread evenly over the berries.
Make a mixture of cream cheese& milk, just enough so it is easily spreadable spread on cake then add the berries.
- 8Serve as is or with whipped cr4eam.