German Tart Crust Recipe
I have mopdified it slightly and added a couple topping variations of my own. Also if you are in a hurry a nice thick canned pizza crust works well.,
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/8sugar or splenda
3/8cup soft butter
1packet vanilla sugar[see note]
1 1/3 cgeneral purpose flour, sifted
1 tspbaking powder
·for the glaze
1 pkgsugar free jello
1`-2 boxstrawberries, fresh
How to Make German Tart Crust Recipe
- Break eggs in mixing bowl, beat well, add the sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt; and the soft butter. Con tinue mixing untiul mixture foamy.
- Add sifter flour and baking powder.
- Grease, or spray, your baking pan, sprinkle with bread crumbs, fill in teh dough and flatten.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350 degrees, 13-15 minutes, until golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- From here on there are variations.
For the vanilla sugar, mix vanilla, the real stuff, 1 tsp to 2 cups sugar and let dry completely. It will keep about about a year in a closed ocntainer,
- Wash/cap/hull strawsberries and arrange over cooled cake. See glazes below.
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam, heated, use a pastrry brush to spread over the berries.
Cook a firm vanilla pudding, spread it on the cake, then top with the berries.
MY ADDITIONs: 1 cup water, 1 package sugar free strawbrerry jello, 2 tbsp cornstarch. cook until it thickens. Let cool to finger touch then spread evenly over the berries.
Make a mixture of cream cheese& milk, just enough so it is easily spreadable spread on cake then add the berries.
- Serve as is or with whipped cr4eam.