FRENCH APPLE GALETTE
(Recipe originally courtesy of Ina Garten, Food Network)
2sheets puff pastry, thawed
6apples, good for baking
3/4 csugar (I used slightly less)
6 Tbspunsalted butter, cold, small diced
3 Tbspwater, rum, or calvados
3/4 capricot or apply jam
How to Make FRENCH APPLE GALETTE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Unfold pastry sheets, and cut each into quarters.
Place the pastry pieces on prepared sheet pans and refrigerate while you prepare apples.
- Peel the apples, and cut through the stems.
Remove the stems/cores with a melon baller.
Slice the apples crosswise in 1/4" slices.
Place overlapping slides diagonally across each piece of pastry and a slice on each side.
- Sprinkle each square with sugar (yes it will looks like ALOT).
Dot with butter
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until pastry is browned and apple edges start to brown.
Rotate pans once during baking.
If puffs puff-up, poke with a knife to release air.
Juices will brown in the pan .. but galettes are fine!
- Beat the jelly with the fluid.
Brush galettes generously with the jelly mixture.
Loosen from the pan and paper.
Allow to cool before serving.