Frangipani Flan (Tart)
2 Tbspof jam - any choice: apricot, raspberry, marmelade are good
2 ozbutter, softened
2 ozfine (caster) sugar
2 ozground almonds (i grind mine in processor)
2 tsppure almond essence
1/2 ozself rising flour
8 ozconfectioners' sugar
5-6 tsphot water
How to Make Frangipani Flan (Tart)
- Make a pastry case (or use store-bought) to line a 7 inch removable bottom tart pan and place the pastry in the tart pan.
- Spread the jam on the uncooked pastry case. Sometimes I add a tad more jam if it looks skimpy. You need a very thin layer, however.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a small bowl.
- Beat in the egg, then,
- Stir in the ground almonds, almond essence and flour.
- Transfer filling mixture to the tart case, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the center of a 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Place on rack to cool; remove ring and frost with the icing.
- Sprinkle sliced or slivered almonds on icing for garnish