Forget the Campfire S'mores
How to Make Forget the Campfire S'mores
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a dark 8x8 deep pan with tine foil so it curls over the sides (trust me this will save you later when the marshmallows are sticky).
- Mix graham cracker crumbles, melted butter, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour graham cracker mixture into pan and evenly pat down. Throw in the oven for 20 minutes so the crust gets a warm golden color and a great smell.
- Make the brownie mixture according to the box. I like to use really chewy fudge brownies but you can do whatever you want!
- Once crust is ready, pour brownie mixture over and make according to the box directions. One warning, i always find with this it takes LESS time than the box suggests.
- While the brownie bakes, slice the marshmallows in half. You dont have to do this if you REALLY want big brownies but i do because it's easier to lay on the brownies.
- Once a toothpick comes out of the brownie clean, turn on the broiler to low and lay the marshmallows down (close together) over the brownie mixture). Place 6 inches from the top broiler and WATCH! they start toasting REALLY quick! you may have to turn the pan a few times to get an even golden brown!
- Let them cool before you even try to cut them- pull foil out, lay down the sides and cut into little squares. Make sure you either eat them while they are still fresh or warm them up in the microwave!