1 1/4 csifted all purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cdates, pitted and chopped
1 cwhite sugar
1 cpacked brown sugar
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Food for the Gods
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line a 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Take 1/2 cup of flour mixture and dredge the dates.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after every addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Lower heat to 300 degrees F and bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes and cut into bars.
wrap individually with foil or colored cellophane wrap.