- ingredients for crust
- 1 1/2 c
- graham crackers, crushed (about 9-10 full crackers)
- 1/3 c
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- ingredients for filling
- 24 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese (3-8 oz blocks)
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- rum extract
- 1/4 tsp
- feshly grated nutmeg, plus more to garnish
How to Make Eggnog Cheesecake
- 1In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press into a 9" round by 2" deep pie pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gradually stir in the eggnog, extract and nutmeg. Pour filling over crust.
- 3Place filled pie pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour longer. Garnish with more freshly grated nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5OPTIONAL: Serve with freshly made Amaretto Whipped Cream
Amaretto Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons Di Saronno Amaretto
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
In a large chilled bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in Amaretto and sugar until peaks form. Be careful not to over beat!!
- 6TIPS: I use canned eggnog, but refrigerated eggnog works just as well.
I always use Disaronno Amaretto as it has more flavor and not just sweet like other brands. I use a stand mixer to make the whipped topping and put the Amaretto, the bowl and the wire whisk attachment in the freezer to chill. If you don't have room in the freezer, you can fill the bowl with ice and place the attachment on top of the ice. Be sure to wipe out any water from the bowl before use; keep Amaretto in the refrigerator.