Easy Upside-Down Caramel Apple Biscuits
1/2 ccaramel ice cream topping
1/4 cpacked dark brown sugar
4 mediumgranny smith apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cchopped walnuts, or pecans
1 can(s)( 8 biscuits ) flaky layers butter refrigerated biscuits
How to Make Easy Upside-Down Caramel Apple Biscuits
- Heat oven to 350.
- in a 12 inch nonstick skillet, cook butter and carmel topping over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and bubbly.
- str in brown sugar and apples. Cook over medium high heat for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionaly, until apples are tender
- meanwhile, spray 8 (12 oz.) custard cups with cooking spray.
- sprinkle 1 tablespoon walnuts or pecans in each cup
- spoon about 1/2 cup of caramel apple mixture evenly over nuts
- open and separate busuits, gently stretch each biscuit until large enough to cover caramel apple mixture.
- Place a biscuit on top of mixture in each cup
- place cups on a large cookie sheet with sides.
- bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown
- remove from oven and cool on cooling rack for 5 minutes
- place heat-proof serving dish upside down on each cup and carefully turn dish and cup over to remove cakes
- serve warm with ice cream if desired