★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 4 pkg
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2--8oz pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- eggs, one is separated
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar, mixed with...
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon powder
- 1 c
- sliced almonds
How to Make Easy Almond Topped Kuchen
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open two packages of crescent rolls and spread them out on a 15" cooky sheet, pressing the pieces together so there are no gaps.
- 2Separate one egg, and set aside the eggwhite. Whip together the yolk and one whole egg, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add the whipped egg to cream cheese, 2/3 cup of sugar, and almond extract. Beat on low until creamy and well blended.
- 4Spread the creamed mixture on top of the crescent rolls, be sure to spread mixture to the edge of the pan.
- 5Open the other two packages of crescent rolls and carefully lay them on top of the creamed mixture. The edges of the spread out rolls do not have to touch each other.
- 6Whip the eggwhite until frothy. Pour onto the top layer of rolls, spreading it out with the back of a spoon.
- 7Mix 1/4 C of sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle over the eggwhite.
- 8Top with sliced almonds.
- 9Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden. Then Cool. Cover and refrigerate to store.
- 10Can be served as a breakfast food or a treat.