Dutch's EASY-EASY Apple Crisp (Microwave)
Once in a GREAT while, you can find cooking apples here for maybe two weeks...Such was the case recently and I bought a CASE! I've been making all kinds of goods with them...Baked Apples, Apple Pie, Apple Brown Betty...Things I don't DARE tell my Doc about! LOL
I was in a hurry yesterday and wanted to make a quick dish...It doesn't get any quicker or easier than this!!!
- cooking apples
- 1 c
- pillsbury oatmeal cookie mix
- 3~4 Tbsp
- softened butter
- 1 tsp
- apple pie spice or just cinnamon
- 1 pinch
How to Make Dutch's EASY-EASY Apple Crisp (Microwave)
- 1Peel, core and slice the apples. Put in water w/ a little lemon juice while you make the crisp.
- 2Cut the softened butter into the Oatmeal Cookie Mix. (You can add some chopped nuts here, if you like)
- 3Mix the apples with the spice and you can sprinkle a little brown sugar over them, if you like...I did and thought it was a little sweet.
- 4Load the apples into an un-greased 8x8 Pyrex baking dish and evenly distribute the cookie mix on top.
- 5Into the microwave for 9min on high (Mine is 1000w) Check the apples with a wooden skewer and if still too firm, give them an additional minute, at a time...
- 6Let it cool and it does NOT get any easier!!! LOL
- 7You can substitute frozen peach slices,mango chunks thawed and drained or other fruits such as berries or pears.