Dulce De Leche in Crock Pot
How to Make Dulce De Leche in Crock Pot
- 1BEFORE BED: Fill your jars with the Sweet Condensed Milk. (hopefully I gave the correct number of jars to use). Put the lids on and do not over tighten the lids. This is not home canning. You will need to refrigerate if you have any left over. (the lids will be one flat topper with the rim to screw it on, just don't over twist).
- 2Add the filled jars to your crock pot. Then cover with water. You want an inch or so of water over the tops. Turn on low, and go to bed. I went 12 hours or more in crock pot. (actually I wasn't in the crock pot, the filled jars are the victims here.)
- 3The sweet condensed milk will turn brown. You may not think that it has turned that much, until you open the jars the next morning and stir.
- 4OPTIONAL: Cubes of Angel Food Cake, strawberries, apple pieces, marshmallows, anything you can think of to dip into the warm sauce. Ice cream topping. (hiding somewhere with a spoon and just eating it.)
- 5This is so much better than the one where people use a pressure cooker. I suspect that maybe people open the pressure cooker before the steam has been released and end up burning themselves badly. So it was never an option for me, though the Sweet Potato Queen does it. Plus a PLUS, is without submerging a can of sweet condensed milk in water and on top of a saucer to not rust your crock pot, the canning jars you won't have to worry about rust. No rust on a can to worry about. No rust in your crock pot. I think its funny that on a can of sweet condensed milk is a caution to not heat in the can. They are on to people doing it. Plus people getting HURT. So this way is safe. Tested. And it does work.