Dulce de Leche Buttercream Frosting
This is the recipe that I use. I don't currently have a picture to post, but will do so next time I make it and frost a cake or cupcakes.
You can make home-made Dulce de Leche like I made for my cookies, or Nestle's makes a canned Dulce de Leche. I have never used it, but others on this site have. Either way -Enjoy!
1recipe home-made or 1 can nestle dulce de leche
2 stickbutter, softened
4 cconfectioners' sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract (not imitation)
1/4 cheavy cream (i use heavy whipping cream)
1 pinchkosher salt, sea salt or other large grain salt
How to Make Dulce de Leche Buttercream Frosting
- Cream the 2 sticks of butter.
- Add one-half of the confectioner's sugar (2 cups), slowly in the bowl with the butter.
- Add one-half of the heavy cream and the vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add one-half homemade recipe OR one-half can of Dulce de Leche. Mix until well blended.
- Add remaining cream and stir well; add the remainder Dulce de Leche; blend well.
- Add the salt. Then slowly add the remaining 2 cups of confectioner's sugar -until it is of the desired consistency. You may want to add a little less or a little more sugar (depending on desired consistency).
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 4 minutes -or until of spreadable consistency. Do not overmix. You don't want it to be grainy.