Dulce de Leche Bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cold fashioned oats
1 cbrown sugar
1/4 tspkosher salt
1 cbutter, softened
13.4 ozcan dulce de leche or 1 1/2 c homemade
1 ctoffee bits
1 cchocolate chips
How to Make Dulce de Leche Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the flour, oats, sugar and salt.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside 1/2 C of the mixture to use for the topping.
- Press remaining crumbs into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, heat the Dulce de Leche in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. You can also heat the sauce on the stove top until it is a good spreading consistency.
- Spread the Dulce de Leche over the top of the crust with a spatula. Spread gently, so that none of the crust comes up.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits and chocolate chips. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown
- Let bars cool and then cut. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.