Double Crunch Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These bars are fantastic! The crunchy peanut butter and the peanuts give a nice texture to the bars. And, the cookie is not overly sweet. It goes perfectly with the cherry jam.
Can't find superfine sugar? No problem! You can make it yourself by processing regular granulated sugar in your food processor until it's very fine. A minute or so usually does the trick! The Test Kitchen
2 stickplus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 csuperfine sugar
1 1/2 tspgood vanilla extract
2extra large fresh eggs at room temp
1 Tbspbland oil like crisco or wesson
2 ccrunchy peanut butter
3 cplus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 1/2 ccherry jam
1/2 csalted peanuts, chopped
How to Make Double Crunch Peanut Butter and Jam Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and dust a 9 x 13 baking pan with the 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons flour. Shake out the excess flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes, and nice and smooth.
- With a clean hand, rub the oil on the inside of a 2-cup measuring cup before measuring the peanut butter. It won't stick that way.
- With the mixer on low, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread two thirds of the dough in the prepared pan, using a knife to spread it evenly. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Add the remaining dough by the tablespoonful and spread gently over the jam. The remaining batter will not completely cover the jam which is a good thing since the beautiful cherry jam will shine through. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into 20 bars.