I do know that they are really good and are a crowd pleaser.
I've seen one similar recipe but there are differences and I think this one is better ... of course.
How to Make Delta Bars
- For the dough: Cream shortening and sugar together; add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix well.
- Press evenly into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan (dough will spread thin).
- For the topping: beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold in brown sugar. Sprinkle pecans over topping.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutesw or until dough is done.
- Cool and cut into squares.