Crunchy the Snowman
- 1 bag of 8 inch pretzel rods (about 18 to each bag)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips
- orange decorators gel
- fruit leather(various colors)
- gummy rings
- gum drops
- 1 qt size canning jar
How to Make Crunchy the Snowman
- 1To make a batch, melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler.
One at a time, dip one end of an 8-inch pretzel rod in the melted chocolate and use a plastic spoon or knife to spread the chocolate two thirds of the way down the rod.
Set the pretzels on a sheet of waxed paper and press on mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons. Use orange decorators' gel to add a carrot nose.
When the chocolate has hardened, stand the pretzels in a mug or glass and tie on strips of fruit leather for scarves. For each hat, stretch a gummy ring over the narrow end of a gumdrop and secure it on the pretzel rod with a dab of melted chocolate
- 2To make as a jar gift, you will need one quart size canning jar, some fabric cut into a circle, and some ribbon or jute to tie around the jar, and include the recipe.