Crêpes de la Chandeleur (Candlemas Pancakes)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Crêpes de la Chandeleur (Candlemas Pancakes)
- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk.
- Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into another bowl and stir to combine. Add gradually to egg mixture.
- Add milk gradually, continuing to stir with the wire whisk. The batter should be smooth, with no lumps.
- Pour oil into an 8-inch skillet to cover the bottom. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Using a soup ladle, carefully pour a ladle-full (about ¼ cup) of the batter into the hot oil.
- Tilt the pan carefully to spread the batter into a large, thin crepe that covers the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the crepe is golden brown on the bottom (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Carefully flip the crepe over to cook the other side. Remove crepe from pan, and blot on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with maple syrup.