Jordan Michelle Falco
These recipes are copied straight from my notes in my individual production pastry class. I’m putting them here on just a pinch for my own posterity.
How to Make Creme Brulee
- 1Pre heat oven to 300F. Line a baking pan with a small kitchen towel.
- 2Split and scape the vanilla bean and crape the seeds into a 2 quart saucepan, along with the bean pod.
- 3Add cream, and stir. Place over medium low head. Warm the cream until bubbles form and it begins to steam. Remove from the head and steep 15 minutes.
- 4Whisk egg yolks, salt, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Slowly add cream to egg mixture, whisking until blended. Strain though a fine sive.
- 5Devide into ramekins or glass spoons and place on prepared baking pan. Add hot water to the pan, half way up the ramikins. Cover loosly with foil and bake 35 to 40 minutes, depending on ramekin size.
- 6After cooling, sprinkle remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar ontop of the custard, and torch, making sure not to burn the sugar, only melt and caramelize it.