2 1/4 cgraham crackers, crushed
1/4 cbutter, melted
16 ozcan whole cranberry
2 tspcinnamon, ground
24 oz(3 pkg) cream cheese
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Cranberry Cheesecake
- Combine graham crackers and melted butter; stir well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1" up sides of a lightly greased 9" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Let crust cool completely on a wire rack.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Add cranberry sauce and cinnamon; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and cornstarch; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour half of batter into crust; spoon 1/2 cup cranberry mixture over batter. Swirl gently with a knife. Top with remaining batter. Spoon 1/2 cup cranberry mixture over cheesecake, and swirl gently with a knife
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 225°. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and immediately run a knife around sides of cheesecake to loosen it from pan. Turn oven off; return cheesecake to oven, and let cool in oven 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Chill, uncovered, until ready to serve. (Cheesecake will continue to firm up as it chills.)
- Remove sides of pan. Garnish, if desired with fresh cranberries, mint, or whipping cream