This recipe will also work well with other fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries. Do not use pineapple as the juice would ruin the cream. Bananas tend to turn dark once cut, but may still be used.
- 1/2 c
- oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 1/4 c
- fresh cream(or 10 fl oza)
- 3 Tbsp
- honey, preferably heather, but others are ok
- 3 Tbsp
- good whiskey (single malt is best)
- 1 c
- fresh raspberries
How to Make CRANACHAN
- 1This dessert is to be prepared ahead of time.
Toast the oatmeal under the grill setting of the oven turning occassionally until the oatmeal is golden brown. Allow to cool.
- 2Whip the cream until stiff peaks form, then add the honey, the whiskey and the oatmeal.
- 3In 4 tall parfait glasses or bowls, layer the raspeberries w/whipped cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate before serving. When you are seated at the table, ready for your meal, take the cranachan out of the fridge 30 mins. before you wish to serve. Top w/ more fresh raspberries as a garnish.