Coffee Pecan Chews
I usually have to explain "its like a brownie".
1 1/2 call purpose flour
2 Tbspinstant coffee crystals (i usually use folgers)
2 cgranulated sugar
1 cmelted butter or margarine
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Coffee Pecan Chews
- Sift together flour, coffee, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar to the eggs and continue beating until stiff.
- Stir in melted butter and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into two greased 8 inch square pans. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) 30-35 minutes.
- **My grandmother noted that butter makes them less chewy and more like a brownie**