Coffee Pecan Chews
I usually have to explain "its like a brownie".
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- instant coffee crystals (i usually use folgers)
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- melted butter or margarine
- 2 tsp
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Coffee Pecan Chews
- 1Sift together flour, coffee, and salt. Set aside.
- 2Beat eggs until foamy.
- 3Gradually add sugar to the eggs and continue beating until stiff.
- 4Stir in melted butter and vanilla.
- 5Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- 6Stir in chopped pecans.
- 7Pour into two greased 8 inch square pans. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees F) 30-35 minutes.
- 8**My grandmother noted that butter makes them less chewy and more like a brownie**