How to Make Coconut Milk Sticky Rice with Mangoes
- 1Steam the sticky rice until tender (about 25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, place the coconut milk in a heavy pot and heat over medium heat until hot. Do not boil. Add the sugar and salt and stir to dissolve completely.
- 3When the sticky rice is tender, turn it out into a bowl and pour 1 cup of the hot coconut milk over; reserve the rest. Stir to mix the liquid into the rice, then let stand for 20 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- 4Meanwhile, peel mangoes. Remove the seed (see YouTube for further instruction). Slice the flesh thinly crosswise.
- 5To serve, place the remaining milk mixture in a bowl for extra sauce, as individual taste requires. Serve rice and mangoes in presentation or let guests serve themselves.