Coconut Meringue Nests
1/2 tspcream of tartar
1 ccoconut, shredded; divided
1 pkgjello instant pudding, vanilla
2 ccold milk
1 pkgcandy, egg like; m&m's or jelly beans
How to Make Coconut Meringue Nests
- Heat oven to 250 degrees
- Beat egg whites and Cream of Tartar on high speed for 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar 1 tsp at a time, beating constantly after each addition until stiff peaks form.
- Beat another 3 minutes or until glossy.
- Gently stir in half of coconut.
- Spoon meringue into 10 mounds on each of 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Use back of spoon to form into 2.5" rounds shapes.
- Make a depression in the center of each mound to resemble a nest.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut around edges. Press gently into the meringue to secure.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until meringues are dry and coconut is browned.
- Cool completely on baking sheets.
- Meanwhile prepare pudding. Refrigerate til ready to use.
- Spoon pudding into nests just before serving. Top with candies.