Coconut Caramel Ice-Cream Delight
Oh, for your information, the reason I changed the name is because we all agree we didnt like the original name all that well for such a delicious dessert.
It is oh so easy to make~~
Do you like a Snicker bar? If so, you will absolutely love this delectable treat!
- 9" pie shells, baked and cooled. see *note* @ bottom for original crust recipe
- ounces of cool whip
- ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- ounces of flake coconut
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c
- bottle squirt caramel ice cream topping (approx 14 oz in size)
How to Make Coconut Caramel Ice-Cream Delight
- 1Mix cream cheese and condensed milk with mixer, then add cool whip and blend well. Set this mixture in Refrig to chill.
- 2Toast coconut and pecans in 1/4th butter in teflon skillet. (This will take 5 to 10 minutes max and your coconut should look about the same color as a drop of caramel on a paper plate. This is how you know it is toasted to the proper hue. (Dont worry if some of the coconut is still white in color.)
- 3Remove coconut/pecans from heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 4After coconut/pecans have cooled off, spread 1/4th of cream cheese mixture in the bottom of your pie shells and then sprinkle 1/4th of coconut/pecans on top of your cream cheese mixture; then drizzle approximately 1/4th of your caramel topping on top of the coconut/pecans.
- 5Repeat step 4
- 6Place your Coconut Caramel Ice Cream Delight Pies in freezer until 5 minutes before serving.
You may buy pre-made pie shells for this heavenly dessert. Graham Cracker or any of the others work great.
THE ORIGINAL CRUST FOR THIS DESSERT IS AS FOLLOWS---
To make a crust for a 13 X 9 pan:
1 Cup flour
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Liberally spray 13 X 9 with Bakers Joy then mix and press all the ingredients into the bottom of your pan and bake at 350 until light brown. (approximately 20 minutes) I prefer this method because the original crust recipe tastes better. My sweet tooth says so!
These Pies are wonderful to eat one and save the other in your freezer for unexpected guests!
Enjoy this classic proven and easy pie! (My prep time is a snap thanks to my little Black n Decker chopper.)