CINNAMON KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
Jo Anne Sugimoto
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 stickwhite (shiro) or red (aka) kanten (agar-agar)
·pinch of salt
1/4 tspmsg, optional
2 to 3drops of cinnamon
·few drops of red or green food coloring
How to Make CINNAMON KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
- Wash the kanten sticks and soak in water for half an hour.
- Bring to a boil and cook until kanten is dissolved completely.
- Add sugar, salt, msg and continue cooking
- When sugar is dissolved, add flavoring and coloring.
- Remove from heat and strain into a mold or ramekins cups or your choice of a receptacle. Refrigerate.