CINNAMON KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
Jo Anne Sugimoto
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 stick
- white (shiro) or red (aka) kanten (agar-agar)
- 4 c
- 1 c
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp
- msg, optional
- 2 to 3
- drops of cinnamon
- few drops of red or green food coloring
How to Make CINNAMON KANTEN (JAPANESE DESSERT)
- 1Wash the kanten sticks and soak in water for half an hour.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook until kanten is dissolved completely.
- 3Add sugar, salt, msg and continue cooking
- 4When sugar is dissolved, add flavoring and coloring.
- 5Remove from heat and strain into a mold or ramekins cups or your choice of a receptacle. Refrigerate.